Call for art deadline: Aug 8, 2022 11:59pm|
Sandy Spring Museum
Deadline August 8th!!!! CALL FOR ARTISTS: "What is Ours?"
What we consider ours, our family, our culture, what we bring with us is constantly changing. This could be a universal truth of humanity — that until we are open to absorbing others' experiences, what is ours becomes what is others, too.
Time & Location
Call for art deadline: Aug 8, 2022 11:59pm
Sandy Spring Museum, 17901 Bentley Rd, Sandy Spring, MD 20860
About the Event
The Women's Caucus for Art invites members of the Women's Caucus for Art to participate in an in-person exhibit, "What is Ours."
The Juror for this call is Risikat 'Kat' Okedeyi
Social Media: @katskornerco (IG + Twitter)
Risikat 'Kat' Okedeyi is a self-defined cultural architect, curator, professor, and connector. As the owner of LiL SoSo Productions, LLC, her mission is to create and produce high-quality cultural events, digital media, and conversations on and around progressive global Black culture, identities and aesthetics. In addition, she is an associate professor in the English department at Prince George's Community College and adjunct faculty at Bowie State University in the university's Visual Communications & Digital Media Arts department. Currently, she is a member of the The Kennedy Center's Culture Caucus, a new creatives' incubator at The Reach and serves on the boards of Pyramid Atlantic and STABLE Arts.
- This exhibition is open to all members of the Women's Caucus for Art members only.
- Please provide your WCA Member ID at the end of your Statement.
- Artwork should be created within the last three years and not have been exhibited in any past WCA exhibit.
- All art entered remains the property of the artist and gives permission to WCADC and Sandy Spring Museum to use artwork images in promotional materials for the exhibit on social media.
- Selected art will be displayed on the WCADC.org website for the duration of the exhibit. Sales of artwork should go through the Museum.
- The Museum does not ship work, if the artist wishes to ship a purchase, they must coordinate the shipping themselves, including any shipping will be arranged solely by the artist.
- Sandy Spring Museum will collect 30% of all sales and 70% goes directly to the artist.
Call for art deadline: Aug 8, 2022
Acceptance notifications by Aug 18, 2022
Art Drop off: Aug 28-31, 2022
Shipped work must be received no later than Aug 29, 2022
Exhibition dates: Sept 7 - Nov 16, 2022
Art pickup: Nov 17, 18, 20, 2022
Reception: Sept 25, 2022, 1-3pm
Exhibition Location: Sandy Spring Museum, 17901 Bentley Road, Sandy Spring, MD 20860
For more information about the museum, please visit www.sandyspringmuseum.org
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org